This is only one of hundreds of holidays. Search for your perfect holiday...
Please Add your Holiday Details
Add Holiday Details
- Room 1
- Room 2
- Room 3
- Room 4
- Room 5
Turkey Explorer Tour
Sometimes we are unable to find a departure that matches your exact leave date. In those cases we will offer you the closest dates available. Please double check that you're happy with the leave date selected. You can pick a different date if you prefer. Once your finished please click "Book" one more time.
Your leave date on the left is available with the selected package though your return date may have changed. If you would prefer a different departure date, pick one below.
Oct 2018:7, 14, 21, 28
Apr 2019:7, 21
May 2019:5, 19
Jun 2019:2, 16, 30
Jul 2019:14, 28
Aug 2019:11, 25
Sep 2019:8, 22
Oct 2019:6, 20
Nov 2019:3, 17
01 Jan 2018 – 31 Dec 2018 – 859 GBP
01 Mar 2019 – 30 Nov 2019 – 709 GBP
Tour includes: –
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Tips except for driver and guide
- Car ferry fees between Canakkale and Eceabat
- Entrance fees
- Six nights – accommodation.
- 6 Breakfasts, 5 Dinners
Tour does not include: –
- Suggested optional activities
- Tips – driver and guide
- Compulsory Travel Insurance
Pick up between 6:15 am – 6:45 am from your hotel in the old city of Istanbul, Taksim and depart from Istanbul for the nation’s capital, Ankara, to visit Anitkabir, the Mausoleum of the famed Mustafa Ataturk before continuing to the surreal landscape of Cappadocia.
Goreme, Underground City
Today we tour the Goreme open-air museum, Pasabag and Uchisar castle and Kaymakli underground city. Photo opportunities are everywhere so have your cameras ready! Carpet weaving has long traditions in Turkey, and at the carpet village, we learn how the carpets are made by hand what determines their value. Tonight, don’t miss the free Turkish folklore evening featuring folklore and belly dancers. A night you won’t forget!
Leaving Cappadocia, we head south along the ancient Silk Road just as the old traders did. Along the way, we visit Sultanhani Caravansary, before stopping at Konya to tour the Mevlana Museum.
Visit the ruins of Hierapolis, the Temple of Apollo, Necropolis, and stroll over the magnificent white calcium terraces of Pamukkale. We then drive to Aphrodisias, home of the famous Temple of Aphrodite.
Absorb yourself in history today with a guided tour of Ephesus and a visit to the Temple of Artemis. Feel the mystical atmosphere of the ancient city and theatre. This afternoon we will enjoy a display of locally handcrafted leather goods before driving to Kusadasi.
Pergamum, Troy, Canakkale
After breakfast, we will drive along the Aegean coast to the ancient city of Pergamum. We visit the magnificent Acropolis of Pergamum, its impressive temples and library that made Pergamum a renowned cultural and political centre in its time. We then continue north to tour the legendary city of Troy.
After breakfast, we visit the WWI Battlefields of Gallipoli including Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, Anzac Cove, Johnston’s Jolly before driving to back to Istanbul. Our tour concludes with the arrival in Istanbul at approximately 7 pm.
(B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner)
- Single travellers are obliged to pay the Single Supplement and will have the hotel room to themselves.
- The 2019 itinerary differs from the 2018 itinerary as follows:
a) It will spend night 3 in Konya.
b) Day 4 it will travel to Pamukkale, via Sagalassos.
c) Day 5 tour Pamukkale and Aphrodisias.
d) Day 6 Ephesus Tour.
e) Day 7 It will travel to Istanbul via Bursa and visit Ulu Camii and the Silk Bazaar. So, in 2019, it will not visit Pergamum, Troy or Gallipoli, whilst Sagalassos and Bursa have been added.
- Ankara – Atatürk’s Mausoleum
- Cappadocia – Kaymakli – Underground City
- Ephesus – UNESCO Heritage site
- Gallipoli – Chunuk Bair – New Zealand Memorial
- Gallipoli – Lone Pine – Australian Memorial
- Gallipoli Battlefields Tour
- Göreme Open Air Museum
- Pamukkale – Calcium Travertines – UNESCO Heritage site
- Pergamum – UNESCO Heritage site
- Sultanhani Caravansary
- Aphrodisias – UNESCO Heritage site
- Cappadocia – Üçhisar – Citadel
- Gallipoli – ANZAC Cove
- Gallipoli – Johnson’s Jolly – original tunnels
- Gallipoli – The Nek – original trenches
- Göreme – UNESCO Heritage site
- Konya – Mevlana Museum
- Pamukkale – Hierapolis
- Site of the Temple of Artemis
- Troy – UNESCO Heritage site