This is only one of hundreds of holidays. Search for your perfect holiday...
Please Add your Holiday Details
Add Holiday Details
- Room 1
- Room 2
- Room 3
- Room 4
- Room 5
Turkey Classics Tour
Sometimes we are unable to find a departure that matches your exact leave date. In those cases we will offer you the closest dates available. Please double check that you're happy with the leave date selected. You can pick a different date if you prefer. Once your finished please click "Book" one more time.
Your leave date on the left is available with the selected package though your return date may have changed. If you would prefer a different departure date, pick one below.
Christine H (Viator) Rated 5 out of 5. Reviewed 01-Nov-13
Departure Dates: Every Monday
01 Jan 2018 – 31 Dec 2018 – 599 GBP
01 Jan 2019 – 31 Dec 2019 – 699 GBP
- Professional English-speaking tour guide for the duration of the tour
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Car ferry fees between Canakkale and Eceabat
- Tips except for driver and guide
- Entrance fees
- Six nights – accommodation.
- 6 Breakfasts, 6 Dinners
Tour does not include:
- Suggested optional activities
- Tips – driver and guide
- Compulsory Travel Insurance
Pick up between 6:15 am – 6:45 am from your hotel in the old city of Istanbul or Taksim. We then depart for the Gallipoli Peninsula, one of the most emotionally touching places in Turkey. Here we will visit the WWI Battlefields of Gallipoli including the Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, ANZAC Cove, Johnston’s Jolly, The Nek and original trenches and tunnels.
Troy, Acropolis of Pergamum
This morning, step back in time as we visit Troy, home of the famed Trojan Horse and then tour the magnificent acropolis of Pergamum. Its impressive temples and library made Pergamum a renowned cultural and political centre in its time.
Absorb yourself in history today with a guided tour of Ephesus and a visit to the site of the Temple of Artemis. Feel the mystical atmosphere of the ancient city and theatre before continuing to the former Greek village of Sirince, famous for its fruit wines. Carpet weaving has long traditions in Turkey, and at the carpet village, we learn how the carpets make by hand and what determines their value.
This morning we will enjoy a display of locally handcrafted leather goods before heading to the magnificent white calcium terraces, known as Travertines, in Pamukkale where we also tour the ancient city of Hierapolis. Take a dip, amongst old columns, in the hot springs that u in Roman times for their therapeutic powers.
Silk Road, Konya
Today we travel the ancient Silk Road visiting Sultanhani Caravansary and the Mevlana museum in Konya along the way. Tonight, don’t miss the free traditional Turkish folklore evening!
Cappadocia, Goreme, Underground City
Marvel at the lunar landscape of Cappadocia through the Goreme Valley Open Air Museum, the fairy chimneys and explore the many levels of an underground city.
Early morning departure to the nation’s capital, Ankara where we visit Anitkabir, the mausoleum of the famed Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, before returning to Istanbul. Our tour concludes with the arrival in Istanbul at approximately 7 pm.
(B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner)
- Instead of travelling between Cappadocia and Istanbul by bus, an optional morning flight from Kayseri (Cappadocia) to Istanbul is available at extra cost. Please contact us for a quote.
- Customers may be picked up from their hotel where it is located in, or near Sultanahmet (the old city) or in the Taksim area. Pick up, on Day 1, is between 6:15 am and 6:45 am depending on where their hotel is located.
- Customers can also meet at the Sultan Hostel at 7 am (directions may be found the in the pre-departure pack).
- Please advise us of your pick up location upon booking, or at the latest 48 hours before-hand, so that we can confirm your pick up time.
- Single travellers are obliged to pay Single Supplement and will have the hotel room to themselves.
- Ankara – Atatürk’s Mausoleum
- Ephesus – UNESCO Heritage site
- Gallipoli – Chunuk Bair – New Zealand Memorial
- Gallipoli – Lone Pine – Australian Memorial
- Gallipoli Battlefields Tour
- Göreme Open Air Museum
- Pamukkale – Calcium Travertines – UNESCO Heritage site
- Pergamum – UNESCO Heritage site
- Site of the Temple of Artemis
- Troy – UNESCO Heritage site
- Cappadocia – Kaymakli – Underground City
- Gallipoli – ANZAC Cove
- Gallipoli – Johnson’s Jolly – original tunnels
- Gallipoli – The Nek – original trenches
- Göreme – UNESCO Heritage site
- Konya – Mevlana Museum
- Pamukkale – Hierapolis
- Sirince – Village
- Sultanhani Caravansary